We were all new to yoga at one time. Yoga is an on-going practice for body and mind – there is no perfecting a pose and you never get to the point where you’ve “mastered” your practice. The fact that you are here now considering a yoga practice at Luna Vinyasa is the first step to taking that journey. We are here to guide you with knowledge and assistance but it is still your journey to be taken at your pace.
Everyone’s practice is different because our bodies are all different. This means comparing yourself to your neighbor on the mat is a fruitless measure of success. Just relax and let the experience happen. You will not regret it.
Here are a few tips for your first class:
- Do not worry that you are not bendy enough to do yoga. Yoga will deepen your flexibility. There is no goal in yoga. Just show up, you are exactly where you are supposed to be :)
- Eat lightly and allow two hours for your food to digest.
- Hydrate prior to arriving. Drink water throughout the day prior to class.
- The studio is open 30 minutes before all scheduled class times.
- Come at least 10 minutes early for your classes, so you can take your time to settle in. The studio strives to open at least 30 minutes before all class times. Feel free to come early and meditate on your mat.
- Wear comfortable clothes such as sweats, leggings, t-shirts, tank tops. No shoes will be needed. Since you will sweat, you may want to bring a change of dry clothes.
- Bring a yoga mat, water bottle, a large towel and small hand towel.
- Please tell the instructor about any ongoing injuries, pregnancy, or medical conditions before the start of class.
- Turn your cell phone OFF.
- As it is not necessary to sign up ahead, we highly appreciate that you do. Signing in ahead will secure your spot up to five minutes before the start of class. The class spot will then be open for walk-ins.
- To avoid being charged for a class that you signed up for and cannot attend, please be sure to cancel two hours before the class begins to avoid being charged. It is not necessary to call or email us.
- Save time and pre-register HERE! Even if you do not sign up for your class today, register and create a password so you are ready when you show up. You can sign up HERE.
- In the event of class cancellations due to inclement weather, please check our online schedule for the most up-to-date class schedule. We will also update our Facebook.
- Everyone was a beginner once. Keep an open mind and remember the studio is a non-judgement zone!
- Have fun! No worries.